West Coast RVing is great any time of year, but fall is an especially nice season to visit one Northern California casino RV park. Come stay and play at the RV Park at Black Oak Casino in Tuolumne City. It’s a Sierra Nevada foothills gem, where the park’s picturesque backdrop of majestic mountains is painted with stunning shades of fall color.
The 5-star visitor reviews of the RV Park at Black Oak Casino on popular sites like RV LIFE Campgrounds, Google, and Yelp, say it all. This is a must-visit Gold Country RV destination. Come stake your claim in the same territory where the legendary 49ers made their riches during California’s Gold Rush heyday.
Amenities at Black Oak Casino RV Park
Black Oak Casino RV Park has all the amenities you expect from a great RV park. All 85 RV sites come with full hook-ups, free Wi-Fi, 40 channels of complimentary cable television and a picnic table. A dump station is available for visitors’ convenience. Plus, there are sparkling laundry facilities with huge washers and dryers, restrooms and shower facilities.
For extra convenience, Bear Creek Station is right next to the RV park. The store offers fuel, propane, snacks and even has an RV wash service.
Activities for Everyone at the RV Park at Black Oak Casino
This is casino camping at its best. The clubhouse is super cozy its cozy fireplace, living-room style seating, and entertainment center. Put them all together and you’ve got everything you need for a great evening with RVing friends.
Ready to take in the breathtaking fall season colors? Go outside to play fun activities like cornhole, bocce ball, and horseshoes. The catch-and-release pond is a serene spot for fishing aficionados, while the dog park brings joy to our canine companions. When the day comes to a close, the year-round heated pool and hot tub, set against the Sierra Nevada mountains, is waiting for a soak of pure relaxation.
Black Oak Casino, a destination in itself.
Tuolumne City’s Black Oak Casino is super convenient. You can walk to it from the RV park or ride the shuttle, which runs between the casino and the RV park. It runs seven days a week starting at 6 a.m. and stopping as late as 3 a.m. on the weekends).
Play on 1,300+ slot machines spread out on the 50,000 square-foot gaming floor. Don’t worry about casino cigarette smoke either. Non-smokers have 11,000 square feet designated as smoke-free play areas! The casino also features a poker room and 25 table games including Blackjack, Three Card Poker, Four Card Poker, Let it Ride and Fortune Pai Gow Progessive.
There are nine bars and restaurants, which range from fine dining at Seven Sisters to quick bites at the Jumping Coyote Espresso. The casino offers live entertainment that showcases local artists, and families with children have plenty to do in the video game arcade and bowling alley with twenty-four lanes.
Things to Do in Tuolumne City
There are so many great activities near this Northern California casino RV park, you might find yourself staying longer than expected. Gambling, winter skiing, year-round Yosemite National Park exploring, and checking out old mining towns are just a few fun things to do near the RV Resort at Black Oak Casino. Other ideas include:
You can drive less than thirty miles and visit numerous local attractions. You will find something for everyone to enjoy, all within a short distance of your base camp.
- Teleli Golf Club – This 18-hole golf course in Sonora was designed by Robert Muir Graves. It has a pro shop, driving range and putting greens. The club also features a restaurant and bar.
- Zephryr Whitewater Expeditions – They offer white-water rafting trips on the Kings, Tuolumne and Merced Rivers. The trips last from a half-day to 3 days.
- Sierra Repertory Theatre – The professional actors put on theatrical performances in two area locations (Historic Fallon House Theatre and original East Sonora Theatre). Performances range from dramas to comedies to musicals.
- Railtown 1897 State History Park – This working railroad is now a state park. The park offers a short train ride and a self-paced tour of the various engines and train cars on display.
- Twain Harte Miniature Golf – Your family is sure to create new memories as you challenge each other on the eighteen-hole course
- Llamas of Circle Home – Don’t pass up this unique opportunity to feed llamas.
- Veterans Memorial Hall and Military Museum – This museum has a wealth of military artifacts from most wars.
- Columbia and Jamestown – Be sure and tour these two old gold mining towns.
- Dodge Ridge Ski Resort – Travel scenic Highway 108 to enjoy some skiing.
Yosemite National Park
Yosemite National Park, located in the Sierra Nevada mountains, is known for its waterfalls and enormous sequoia trees. The park is home to Yosemite Falls. It drops over 2,400 feet and is one of the world’s tallest waterfalls. The park has numerous spectacular cliffs, including Half Dome and El Capitan. Hiking is popular at Yosemite. There are hundreds of miles of trails that weave through forests, follow the river, take you up the side of a mountain or leads you to a stunning waterfall. Yosemite Village has plenty of restaurants, shops and lodging options. You can spend a quiet afternoon exploring The Yosemite Museum and the Ansel Adams Galley, both located in the village.
Your vacation at this Northern California casino RV park can be as action-packed or relaxing as you want it to be; just be sure to watch the sun rise over the mountains at least once. Regardless of what you choose to do, you will have a phenomenal time while on vacation. The staff goes out of their way to make everything perfect. It will be hard to leave. You will want to return year after year to make more memories.
Planning your trip
You can learn more about this destination by searching RV LIFE Campgrounds, or while figuring out your RV-safe route on RV LIFE Trip Wizard. With the convenient-to-use RV LIFE App, RV LIFE Trip Wizard gets you to your camping destinations using RV-friendly routes all customized to your RV and travel preferences.