Sometimes you just can’t dive into road trip music because it only takes you an hour to reach your RV trip destination. But when it takes several hours or days, the best camping songs playlist for RV trips keeps you company the whole way there.
No matter the amount of time you plan to drive to your destination, creating your own personal RV trip music playlist turns your drive into part of your camping experience.
The Best Camping Songs Playlist for RV Trips (by decade)
Songs for road trips make your drive come alive (not to mention keeping you alert). Recently I curated this decade-by-decade music of the best camping songs playlist for RV trips. I divided them into decades, but the genre is all encompassing. I hope you find some great ones from these soundtracks to brighten your road trip.
Best Road Trip Songs from the 1950s
- Big Long Buick by Big Joe and the Dynaflows
- No Particular Place to Go by Chuck Berry
- Rocket 88 by Jackie Brenston & His Delta Cats
- Mercury Blues by K.C. Douglas
- Beep Beep by The Playmates
Top Driving Songs from the 1960’s
- Fun, Fun, Fun by the Beach Boys
- Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolf
- Hit the Road Jack by Ray Charles
- Drive my Car by the Beatles
- King of the Road by Roger Miller
- Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett
- Route 66 by The Rolling Stones
Cruising Songs from the 1970’s
- Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver
- Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Truckin’ by The Grateful Dead
- Ramblin’ Man by The Allman Brothers Band
- Roll on Down the Highway by Bachman Turner Overdrive
- Spinning Wheel by Chet Baker
- Highway Star by Deep Purple
- Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac
- Slow Ride by Foghat
- East Bound and Down by Jerry Reed
- Highway Song by Queenigma
- Car Wash by Rose Royce
- Cruisin’ by Smokey Robinson
- Low Rider by War
- Cars by Gary Numan
RV Road Trip Songs from the 1980’s
- I Can’t Drive 55 by Sammy Haggar
- On the Road Again by Willie Nelson
- I’m Gonna Be 500 Miles by The Proclaimers
- Roll On by Alabama
- Roll Me Away by Bob Seger
- Takin’ a Ride by Don Felder
- Heading Out to the Highway by Judas Priest
- Runnin’ Down a Dream by Tom Petty
- Little Red Corvette by Prince
Camping and RVing Songs from the 1990’s
- Life is a Highway by Tom Cochrane
- Everyday is a Winding Road by Sheryl Crow
- Please Tell My Brother by Golden Smog
- Hot Rod Heart by John Fogerty
- Summertime by Will Smith
Summer RV Trip Songs from the 2000’s
- Life is a Highway by Rascal Flats
- Lost Highway by Bon Jovi
- Open Road by Bryan Adams
- Cadillac by Guy Forsyth
- Freedom was a Highway by Jimmie Allen & Brad Paisley
- USS Zydecoldsmobile by Jimmy Buffett
- Car Outside by Jimmy Lafave
- Goin’ by Feel by Ray Bonneville
- Body Like a Back Road by Sam Hunt
- Church of the Open Highway by Scott Blasey
- In My Car by Shania Twain
- How Many Miles by The Waifs
- Brothers of the Highway by Tony Justice
- Bright Side of the Road by Van Morrison
- Highway 20 Ride by Zac Brown Band
This list of the best camping songs playlist for RV trips just scratches the surface. If you have favorites for the road, I would love to hear them!
You might also check out a newly launched radio station that is from RVers to RVers.
MyRVRadio plays road trip music from several decades. But soundtracks are heavily sprinkled with music about traveling, driving on the road, or enjoying that RV and how it helps you escape.
- All the songs listed here are played on MyRVRadio.
- The station plays programs about RVing. You get a double deal of RVing entertainment.
- Listen 24/7 online. Or download the radio app and crank tunes from on your phone.
A bonus to having your own road trip music playlist (or RV specific radio) is you will have something to listen to when you arrive at your campground. Get that RV parked and set around the campfire. Solo, with family or friends, music will mark your getaway. Every time you hear those camping songs again from your soundtrack or station, you will remember your RV trips.