Camping with your own shower is one of the best parts about RVing. But the bathroom fixtures that come with RVs are not. Thankfully, RV shower head replacements make it fast and affordable to have a better bathing experience. These six RV shower head reviews explain what you need to know to get started.
Why Upgrade Your RV Shower Fixtures?
Today’s RVs are big and beautiful machines. But the shower heads installed in RV bathrooms seem to be a secondary thought to most affordable camper manufacturers. Built with cheap, plastic parts, factory-default RV shower heads deliver a less than optimal experience when you need to clean off.
We splurged on a top rated RV shower head and hose when we bought our second fifth wheel. The original one that came with the trailer cracked during one boondocking adventure. We couldn’t shower without water spraying everywhere. To conserve precious fresh water in the holding tank, we suffered for days without a proper cleanse. As soon as we made it back to an RV campground with hookups, we started researching the best RV shower heads on the market. Here’s what we discovered about this DIY RV bathroom upgrade.
Three things to know about RV shower head replacements
This DIY RV project is much easier than most. And it’s cheaper than upgrading your RV sofa bed!
All RV shower head replacements come with installation instructions. It’s a simple DIY RV job anyone can do with minimal tools. Just pay attention to the lessons we learned when we did this mod:
- Purchase the RV shower head and a new hose at the same time. Don’t try to save money by only purchasing a shower head. Even if you have a perfectly fine hose, if it’s more than a year or two old it probably won’t match the new shower head. Be coordinated. Get rid of it.
- Buy the longest RV shower hose you can get. If your chosen RV shower head manufacturer offers multiple hose sizes, buy the longest one. You never know what you’ll need to clean in your RV shower.
- Caulk and cover any shower wall holes. When we installed our new RV shower head, we had to move the hose and head to a higher spot in our shower stall. Have silicone caulk ready to patch up any spots where the old hardware was installed.
Here’s the Best RV Shower Head and Hoses for Any Budget
These RV shower head reviews show you don’t need to buy the most expensive fixture to enjoy a good shower. If you don’t live full-time in an RV, a budget-friendly shower head and hose replacement is just fine. But if you are a permanent full-time RVer the way I am, consider the best RV shower head replacement you can afford. That way, you won’t need to repeat this job for several years.
Most Affordable: RV shower head replacement under $18
- High pressure handheld shower heads for all RVs
- Instantly increase your showering water flow pressure
- Powerful spray shooting with PAUSE setting
- High strength water pause impact for relaxing RV shower experience
- Flexible hose, Hose Clamp, adjustable bracket, include in package
Here’s a top rated RV shower head and hose replacement that’s ideal for weekend RVers. “Just returned from a 2 week 4000 mile vacation with our camper. We used this shower head for 50+ showers during the trip and have not had any trouble at all. It still works great, like the day we bought it,” says one reviewer.
Best Value: Rotating RV shower head and hose replacement for $20
Here’s one RV shower head that rotates 360-degrees. “The adjustable head sprays the water further and higher and with more pressure and can be adjusted to different angles,” says a reviewer. At $20, that’s a great price for a rare feature like this.
- Shower Head with Hose: ON/OFF pause switch 3 spray modes high pressure water saving showerhead with on/off/pause switch. 59 Inch/4.9 Ft flexible 304 stainless steel shower hose with brass fittings, explosion-proof, chrome finish.
- 360° Rotation Showerhead: The head moves, pivots, separately from the handle. That means you can aim the shower head where you need it, can hit just the right spot, regardless of those shower plastic hoses that point in all manner of directions. It also pivots up a bit making the shower head raise up a bit.
- High Pressure Water Saving Design: Super pressurized water, strong and powerful, guarantees optimal performance even in low water pressure installations. Dense small holes designed makes water coming out strongly, softly and delicately, up to 30% water saving than ordinary shower head.
- 3 Spray Modes & ON/OFF Switch: This handheld showerheads has 3 spray settings: Power aeration mode, pulsating mode, rain mode to meet different needs.
Boondock Better and Save Water for Just $20
Awelife’s shower head replacement will make you wonder why you waited so long to replace your old RV shower head. “We bought this to replace the one that came in our RV. This is so much better. Much more flow of water and showering is much easier and therefore quicker,” says a reviewer.
- RV / Camper handheld shower head with hose and on off switch (trickle), included all necessary accessories
- Water saving shower head with bigger on/off switch, easy to control the spray from high to small, trickle ( ≤ 0.35 GPM)
- 58-inch double-connectors kink-free shower hose, shower hose guide ring
- Durable construction 2-position shower head holder, screws and plugs included
- 1-Year Guarantee or Your Money Back. Awelife showers are manufactured under the highest USA standards of quality and workmanship, tested to the highest USA standards of performance.
Best Mid-Priced RV Shower Head Replacement for Under $35
Few RV shower head manufacturers know our needs better than Camco. “This one is fabulous, great pressure and looks very good too. I just wish I had replace it months ago. Best showerhead replacement ever,” reports a happy RV shower head reviewer.
- Kit includes showerhead, 60″ flexible hose, washers, wall mount and installation hardware
- On/Off switch allows to pause water flow while shampooing, reducing amont of water used
- Choice of five spray patterns from a drenching rain to a gentle massage
- Shower head measures 4″ in diameter with a total length of 9″
- Flex hose connects to standard 1/2″ shower arm
A Premium RV Shower Head Upgrade for Under $45
Rinsing long hair in an RV shower is a pain. But not with the premium Dura Faucet replacement. “What makes it better is that the head is bigger. This allows more water to spew out all once, covering a wider surface area – this is what helps to rinse my hair faster,” says one buyer.
- Single function hand held shower kit is the perfect choice for creating a “just like home” feeling. The generous water stream ensures you get the pressure you need to get clean.
- The shower head’s wand is designed for comfortable gripping with an easy-to-access flow control trickle valve switch (not an on/off switch). Using this switch conserves more water than traditional shower heads.
- Well-constructed durable face, and a high quality stainless steel hose for long lasting use, this kit has all the accommodating features you are seeking in one convenient unit.
- Easy-to-install kit includes the shower head, stainless steel hose, flow control trickle valve switch, wall bracket, hose guide ring, and all installation hardware.
- Total length of shower head and wand is 7.86 inches. Regulator is removable.
- As with all Dura Faucet products, this kit is lead-free.
- We are an American company with USA-based Customer Support.
Here’s Our Choice for The Best RV Shower Head Replacement at just $45
Full-disclosure: This BodySpa by Oxygenics was our go-to choice when we replaced our old RV shower head and hose. We haven’t regretted it since. The BodySpa shower experience is like taking a stick-house shower. It saves water with an on/off/pause switch, and at eight years and counting, it’s still going strong in our fifth wheel. Here’s why:
- Patented Oxygenics technology amplifies existing water pressure and widens coverage while minimizing water use and extending the life of water tanks
- SmartPause valve helps preserve tank levels by quickly limiting water flow during soaping while keeping water temperatures consistent
- Reduces shower time with a special spray pattern that make washing and rinsing faster, especially for those with long hair
- Non-stick internal parts prevent mineral buildup and clogging, even in hard water conditions
- Includes: Handheld shower head, 60” hose, SmartPause valve, wall mount holder and plumber’s tape