From the bloggers at Pop Up Princess.
I’m a decent seamstress, but cushions seemed to be a far more difficult project than I was ready for. I thought about leaving them the way they were, but this is what I was dealing with. Yuck, right?
When I was putting together a round up of my favorite pop up camper makeovers, I was really inspired. I wanted my camper to look every bit as nice as theirs did. I just knew something had to be done about the cushions, so I bit the bullet and started planning. Planning, for me anyway, always involves a few hours on Pinterest. I came across this awesome tutorial for sofa slipcovers, and it was my bible.
Before I even started shopping for fabric, I made a prototype out of a leftover drop cloth I had lying around. I wanted to make sure I knew exactly how the covers would fit and just how much fabric I would actually need. I considered skipping this step. I hate extra work, in fact, I seldom even baste when a pattern calls for it. I’m lazy like that… but I wanted to do things right this time around. I cannot stress enough how much help having a working example was. It really did make the whole process run more smoothly, because I made most of my mistakes on the prototype. We’ll get to those other mistakes a little later. 😉
To read the full story by The Pop Up Princess, click here.