Before we arrived to the area, we really had no idea how incredible Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park area was. It was our first taste of the “big trees” which we are later found out are in the Redwood tree family and we just couldn’t get enough.
Sequoia RV Park was the perfect place to launch our trip from and the staff made us feel welcome starting with our first phone call to them. Especially during the early season, Sequoia RV Park is a great location because it is only 8 miles from the Ash Mountain entrance which is open year round.
There is a major elevation change as you head into the park and some park roads don’t open until late spring/early summer.
Average nightly rate: $30 to $55.50
- Being close to the National Park allows you easier access to hikes, visitor centers and leaves you more time to explore inside of the park.
- There are sites for everyone’s needs and desires ranging from dry camping spots with raised tent platforms to deluxe full hook-up pull-through sites for those desiring an easy time setting up. Each site has a stone fire pit as well.
- Very fast internet is provided free of charge and can be picked up at most campsites.
- There is a landline in the office for guest use to make calls.
- The staff provided excellent customer service and repeatedly made sure they couldn’t help us with anything additional.
- There is a quaint swimming hole in the back of the campground all the river. This area is calm and not flowing like other portion of the river so it is perfect for swimming, fishing or just watching the wildlife.
- Multiple large open spaces or great to let the kids or dogs run off some of their steam or even start a game of baseball.
- A campground, like Sequoia Ranch RV, that accepts mail and packages for their guests always gets a star in my book and makes life on the road just a little more convenient.
- We opted for a water and electric only campsite during our shorter stay at Sequoia and were pleased with their free onsite dump station that we used on our way out.
- For those of you that like to geocache, there is one right on site and many others in the area.
- Pets are welcome.
- There is so much to do in the area ranging from adorable local eateries to challenging hikes. You won’t have time to get bored during your stay.
- The staff provides a scavenger hunt with prizes for children of all ages! Inquire in the office for more information.
- A Good Sam discount is available.
- There is no Verizon or Sprint cell service at the campground. It is reported that AT&T will work, but we didn’t try that out first hand.
- Depending on the GPS unit that you use, the address could be slightly off and you could pass the RV park and continue down a road that you have no business being on with no turn around. Yes, we know this from personal experience! Make sure to pay close attention to the confirmation email that the campground sends out and the signs leading to the campground.
- There is only one bathhouse and it is in the “mobile home” portion of the park and a bit out of the way depending on where your campsite is. Pay showers are also located here with the laundry services.
Sequoia RV Ranch
43490 North Fork Drive
Three Rivers, CA 93271