Monday , January 23 2017
Home / General RV / RV Travel: Prevent dangerous ‘hot skin’ condition
mike_sokol

RV Travel: Prevent dangerous ‘hot skin’ condition

From the bloggers at RV Travel.

Dear Mike,
We recently purchased a pop-up camper. We set it up in the driveway to check things out. My daughter got a shock when she was standing on the grass and touched the camper door. I checked it out and realized that the extension cord had a bad ground wire. I hooked up an extension cord with a good ground wire, then the camper did not shock me. Exactly what’s happening here? —A Shocked Reader

Dear Shocked,
The thing to understand is that anything plugged into a power outlet has at least some leakage current to its chassis. And if there’s not some way to get rid of this current, then it turns into a voltage on the “skin” (actually the chassis) of the appliance or RV.

To read the full story by RV Travel, click here.

About Best of the Web

Leave a Reply

Pin It on Pinterest