From the bloggers at Rolling in a RV.
The oldest building at Pier 39 dates to 1875 and the newest to 1943. Up until 1980 tuna and salmon were kept in cold storage, processed and canned in the buildings which now house the museum, offices and a restaurant.
The museum is in the cold storage area and includes boats, machinery, fishing equipment , photographs and informative posters. More information about the cannery itself and explanations on how the machinery was used would make the museum much more interesting.
To read the full story by Rolling in a RV, click here.