This parking-lot-style RV park is 1 mile from Hwy. 22, near Salem, Ore. The location is a good base from which to tour Oregon’s capital or the Silver Falls and Oregon Gardens.
The lot is very large, with good-sized spaces. The sites only have water and electric, but a dump station is available on site.
The restrooms are okay, but about 1/8th mile from the sites. Reservations have to be phoned in during business hours, and you will need to arrive during business hours to get the key to unlock the electric post.
The flower beds are very nice, as is the view of farms and Mt. Hood. The Pioneer Museum is in the parking lot, along with an outdoor area history display. We would stay here again.
- Close, easy shot from Hwy. 22
- Many flower beds near the buildings
- About one-half hour from Salem, 1.5 hours from Portland
- One hour from Silver Falls State Park, which features a very nice waterfall you can walk behind, and many miles of trails
- History museum on the property
- Reservations were available mid-season with little notice
- Plenty of driving room for large RVs
- Level sites, easy parking
- Verizon speed test at 4 mbs download and 2 mbs upload
- All gravel lot
- No privacy around site, not a good place to just sit outside
- No picnic tables
- No sewer at sites
- Long walk to the restroom
Rated: Very good
Average nightly cost: $20 per night with 14-day maximum
Polk County Fairgrounds