This pretty tree-covered park is what most people think of when you say “camping.” It features a small lake, tall pine trees, swimming, fishing, lodge, hills, and a little space between each campsite.
Little Diamond KOA is about 5 miles from Hwy 2, near the panhandle of Idaho. When you arrive, you will need to check in at the gate at the right, and then drive around to the campsites on the left of the road.
- Beautiful trees and lake, with great little dock
- Large grass area for games, disc golf
- Some pull-through sites
- Some privacy in many of the campsites
- Cool rock features and hills right in the campsite areas
- Lodge with free pool tables
- Weekend activities for kids
- Pool, spa open in the summer months
- Hiking trails, some with mountain views (don’t get lost like we did)
- Clean individual showers rooms
- About an hour from Silverwood Theme Park in Spokane and Coeur d’Alene
- Verizon data connection clocked at 1 mbs download and 1 mbs upload
- No sewer hookup in park
- Many areas were not open before Memorial Day
- Several miles off the highway on country roads
- At least half an hour to any shopping or fuel
Rated: Very good to excellent
Average price per night: $41 per night, but prices vary. Check website for rates.
Newport/Little Diamond Lake KOA
1002 McGowen Road
Newport, WA 99156