Each week, Let’s RV will publish one recipe each week from the RV Centennial Cookbook authored by Evada Cooper.
The book features a collection of recipes submitted by RVers themselves. The company is providing the recipes in hopes of encouraging RVers to submit more recipes to be included in a new edition expected to be published soon.
This week’s recipe is for Sheila’s cheesy potato soup. Sheila Boggess from Prairie Hill, Texas, submitted this week’s recipe. She said camping with neighbors in their pop-up RV is still one of her favorite memories.
- 6 to 7 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Water to cover potatoes while cooking
- 1 pint sour cream (note: using fat-free sour cream does not make the soup as smooth, but it tastes the same and is healthier)
- 1 pound Mexican Velveeta, cubed. (Regular Velveeta can be used, if preferred)
- Real bacon bits or crumble several slices of cooked bacon
- Green onions (sliced)
Cover peeled, cubed potatoes with water in a large pot or Dutch oven. (Use more water for thinner soup.) When potatoes are tender, add sour cream and cubes of Velveeta. Heat over low heat, stirring. When cheese is melted, soup is ready. Add green onions and bacon bits just before serving.
Click here to submit a recipe for consideration in a future edition/volume of The RV Centennial Cookbook.
To order a copy of the cookbook, click here.