From the writers at NBC 11 News.
It’s called the silent killer – carbon monoxide deaths are usually un-foreseen, but they can be prevented.
While there has only been one death in Mesa County from carbon monoxide in the past five years, an accident can occur at any time.
Peak camping season is in full swing – the time when people will be taking their campers, RV’s and tents, and hitting the road. With that come generators, propane lights and stoves, making the chance of carbon monoxide poisoning even greater.
RV owner and Junction West RV Park’s Mari Garland’s family had a close call. Their RV ran out of battery and they decided to use a Coleman propane lantern for light.
To read the full story by NBC 11 News, click here.