SAN DIMAS, Calif. — Magellan today introduced its newest lineup of 2016 MiVue DashCam devices. With four new stylish DashCams, users can use them to record iconic spots along travels or capture unexpected moments, like the inevitable traffic incident.
All models feature HD recording and seamless light transitioning.
“If a picture is worth a thousand words, you want the best quality picture possible,” commented Stig Pedersen, Magellan associate vice president of product management. “Whether fighting a traffic ticket or insurance fraud, protecting against parking lot accidents, or simply keeping an eye on teenage and other drivers, having high quality footage can mean all the difference.”
The new models are MiVue 240, MiVue 320, MiVue 420 and MiVue 480D, all of them are available now.
The entry-level MiVue 240 device includes:
- MiVue Manager – Intuitive interface allows people to browse recorded videos. Video recorded from the Impact Sensor can be reviewed for post-accident analysis. Video may be shared on social media sites like YouTube cab Facebook.
- 720p HD Recording – Capture everything that happens on the drive in high definition.
- Wide Angle Lens – The 130-degree wide angle lens provides an enhanced peripheral view to record the entire street.
- Impact Sensor – Records impact forces, which show the direction and magnitude of an accident impact.
- Event Recording Mode – When the three-axis sensor detects sudden changes in motion, the device instantly saves protected files to prevent them from being overwritten.
- 2.3-inch Screen – Provides an easy-to-view display of the road ahead.
- Rotating Mount Design – Mount is easily rotated to any desired angle assuring users never miss an important moment.
- Camera Mode – Switch to camera mode to collect photo evidence or create lasting memories. With the built-in battery, the device can be taken out of the car to get close-up photos.
In addition to all of the features above, the MiVue 320 also includes the following:
- Full 1080p HD Recording at 30 frames per second – Capture everything that happens on the drive in high definition.
- 2-inch Screen – Provides an easy-to-view display of the road ahead.
- GPS Tracking – The built-in high-sensitivity GPS receiver automatically records driving information on the video, so users have both a location and time stamp during video playback.
- Night View Enhancement – Automatic day/night light adjustment assuring the best picture quality regardless of lighting conditions.
- Maximum Memory of 128 gigabytes
- Cruise Speed Alert – Visual and audio alert appears when speed is detected over the preset speed limit.
- Parking Mode – In situations where there’s an impact while the car is parked, the DashCam wakes up to record the event. Users can even choose to have the device always recording with vehicles that have constant power supplied to the unit.
- Wide Angle Lens – The 140-degree wide angle lens provides an enhanced peripheral view to record the entire street.
In addition to all of the features above, the MiVue 420 also includes the following:
- 2.7-inch Screen (16:9) – Larger for enhanced viewing, ease-of-use and safety.
- Lane Departure Warnings – Audio alert and icon (left or right) appears when departing to the left or right of the current lane.
- Forward Collision Avoidance – Audio alert and icon appear when traffic facing the camera detects that the driver is getting too close to the car ahead. Driver can adjust distance settings for the alert.
- 1296p Super High Definition Recording – With a maximum aperture of f/1.8, the MiVue 420 provides some of the sharpest night view images available.
The MiVue 480D takes dash cameras to a new level of functionality with:
- Dual Cameras – Includes two cameras to assure every important event is recorded.
- 1296p Front/1080p Rear Super High Definition Recording – With a maximum aperture of f/1.8 front and f/2.0 rear, the MiVue 480D provides some of the sharpest night view images available.
- Wide Angle Lenses – A 140-degree front and 130-degree rear lens provide a full view of events both in front of and behind the vehicle to capture a more expansive peripheral view at critical moments.
- Motion Detection Parking Mode – In situations where there’s motion happening around the car while parked, the DashCam wakes up to record the event.
Pricing and availability
The Magellan MiVue DashCam product line is available now at retailers throughout the United States and Canada as well as online at www.magellangps.com. Manufacturer’s suggested retail prices are as follows: $79.99 (MiVue 240); $129.99 (MiVue 320); $179.99 (MiVue 420); and $299.99 (MiVue 480D).