From the bloggers at KOA.
KOA campers agree, this tasty combination of chili and rice makes the perfect campfire dinner. Our Backwoods Chili Rice Skillet is a fan favorite from our digital recipe box of KOA.com camping recipes that is quick, easy and totally yummy!
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 packet chili seasoning mix
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups instant rice
- 3 cups water
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
To read the full story by KOA, click here.