John and Kathy Huggins, founders of Living the RV Dream website and podcast, released a new book titled “So You Want to Be an RVer?”
The publication is a revised version of their best-selling book, “So You Want to Be a Full-Time RVer?” It combines information of interest to people who are looking to buy and use an RV upon occasion along with maintenance and lifestyle tips people living the RV dream full time would find helpful.
“We have put down as much of our experience and knowledge as we can remember, along with research and materials from others, to give people a glimpse at the awesome lifestyle that awaits them when they use an RV,” said John Huggins.
Comprising 57 chapters, the book is divided into six sections covering the following topics:
- All about RV types — motorhome vs. fifth wheel, gas vs. diesel, new vs. used and motorized vs. towable, along with information about RV weight and measures, and equipping an RV.
- RV systems — water, electricity, LP gas, hydraulics, compressed air, absorption refrigerators and maintenance.
- All about towing — towing terms, matching a truck to a trailer, and the difference between towing a travel trailer and fifth wheel.
- Full-time RVing — handling “stuff,” picking a domicile state, forwarding mail, health care on the road, budgeting, record keeping and developing an exit plan.
- Part-time, weekend and full-time RVing — membership camping, RV clubs, boondocking, selecting a campsite, RV safety, technology, winter camping and work camping.
- RV tips — financing an RV, insurance, essential RV accessories, trip planning, driving and towing tips, camping with pets, solo RVing, staying fit on the road, navigating an RV show, storing an RV and lessons learned
The book also includes a comprehensive list of RV terms, and links to more than a hundred websites for companies and associations supporting the RV lifestyle.
“In this book, readers will find what we’ve learned — often the hard way — during more than 10 years of full-time RVing,” said Kathy Huggins. “We take readers through the steps of doing the initial homework, choosing the right rig, understanding the buying process, determining where to camp and what to do to have a fulfilling travel experience.”
The book sells for $24.95 plus shipping. To order, click here.