Saturday , September 23 2017
Home / General RV / Do It Yourself RV: How to never get an annoying rash from Poison Ivy
Poison-sumac

Do It Yourself RV: How to never get an annoying rash from Poison Ivy

From the bloggers at Do It Yourself RV.

Did you know that most people are sensitive to the oily resin (urushiol) contained in poison ivy? Urushiol is found year-round in all parts of the poison ivy plant, including the roots, flowers, leaves, and stems. Come in contact with the urushiol, and you could be the recipient of an itchy poison ivy-caused skin irritation.

Besides the dangers of ticks, poison ivy (along with its cousins poison oak and poison sumac) rank right up there as one of the most un-fun aspects of being outdoors in the summertime.
How to Minimize the Effects of a Poison Ivy Rash

If you do happen to get urushiol on your body, there’s still hope. While researchers have discovered a special non-toxic spray that will glow wherever the urushiol exists on your body, it’s not for sale yet.

To read the full story by Do It Yourself RV, click here.

About Best of the Web

Leave a Reply

Pin It on Pinterest